RULES AND REGS.
Maker’s Market at Atlantic Station
Vendor Rules, Regulations, and Procedures
Vendor Rules, Regulations, and Procedures
- This Market is different from many of the other markets or shows you may attend. We operate in a highly developed and manicured area. You will need to read, be familiar with, and be willing to comply with all the rules and regulations before coming out.
- After acceptance to a specific weekend, a paid fee for the Market gives the vendor a 10ft.x10ft. space at a location chosen by the Organizer (Earth and Sky Creations LLC), though preferred space purchasers may pick their space. Spaces are generally assigned the day of the market (except for some cases of preferred space purchasers). The space may be anywhere on Atlantic Station premises at Organizer's discretion, and will generally be near Atlantic Green or the streets adjoining it, unless noted otherwise, or in the event of space conflicts with other events.
- Please note that each and every weekend is a curated show and the market spots are in high demand. You must have a notice of acceptance for that particular weekend before paying to have secured a space. Payments made without an acceptance letter for that specific weekend may either be refunded immediately or held in a TBD status until we decide the lineup for that show. They may be refunded at any time by us or upon your request, or they may be accepted later at our choosing. Unauthorized payments do not entitle you to market space. Payments made with an acceptance letter do entitle you to a space as per terms noted below and elsewhere in correspondences sent to you. Acceptance letters may also be voided if rules of the market are breached. Please note Atlantic Station is private property and organizers are under no obligation to invite a vendor to any specific number of shows or any shows at all. That said we want to make the market great, and it's great vendors in the form of artists, crafters, makers, and talented people, with great attitudes and skills who help us do that. Among other things we aim to have diversity in the products and people who make the market great.
- Vendor must remain open for business for all posted market hours (these will be sent with the load in details for each market) and generally run 11-9pm on Saturday and Noon-7pm on Sunday (hours may change for some weekends) – Vendor is prohibited from closing early unless pre-authorized by the Organizer. Vendor agrees they will not close early or leave their space unattended (except for quick necessities).
- The vendor is responsible to provide and prepare their own tent(s) and display(s). Vendors may not set up without a tent unless pre-approved to do so by the organizer (very rare). All tents must be only WHITE or GRAY canopied and weighted (at least 35 lbs of weight per leg = 140 lbs of weight) - markets will have wind and we will enforce this rule strictly for market safety. Failure to comply with this requirement can result in vendor being denied the right to set up or asked to pack up and leave. NO REFUND would be due to vendor in this event. Where available, and only if available, as a service, organizer can provide a tent and/or weights for the vendor for a service fee; this service may be availed easily on our website when checking out by adding the relevant tent or weight service items needed to your shopping cart before checking out (they have generally always been available, but we cannot guarantee as quantities are not inexhaustible). In such event we would provide and setup and take down tents and/or weights for the space you will occupy.
- **Vendor must have tablecloths or coverings that cover their tables or display(s) to within 2 inches of the ground along the full breadth of all sides. Nothing should be visible under your table or display from any side of the tent. We keep our market looking very clean**
- Masks - for the safety of all, for the time being, vendor's should wear masks when interacting with any patrons, customers, managers, or staff at Atlantic Station, and have masks immediately on their person or close by, it is not required to wear masks when no patrons, customers, managers, or staff are in the vicinity of vendors booth.
- Hand sanitizer is also required to be present and visible in or attached to the tent at each vendors booth
- Social distancing rules, laws, and guidelines apply to our market, let's all help to ensure these guidelines are followed by patrons, and be role models ourselves in this regard.
- Vendors or their workers, associates, family, or anyone... may not attend and participate in the market if they have developed symptoms indicative of COVID infection, or tested positive or been exposed to someone with a confirmed or likely case of COVID within CDC Guidelines latest exposure period. In the event they have previously had COVID, or currently do, or have likely been exposed, vendor must wait full CDC Guidelines Isolation period AND additionally until after all symptoms have significantly improved/abated before returning to the market. Vendor may return earlier, in some cases, with appropriate testing results in combination with other factors. We will be very lenient in issuing refunds and honoring cancellations for those complying with this rule.
- While not an absolute requirement for every vendor it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that Vendor bring appropriate white sidewalls for their tent, both to protect merchandise from inclement weather and for wrapping up the tent overnight. The Organizers, Owners, and Managers of this market assume no liability for products damaged or stolen from overnight stay or weather. No Tarps, Sheets, or other wrappings or coverings may be used in place of appropriate sidewalls without the approval of the Organizer (we can provide sidewalls (though we do not guarantee their effective protection of your products/belongings) - they are a separate service item from the tent service [they do not come with it] - this is generally offered on site).
- Every setup must have a clean and tidy appearance - No boxes, containers, trash, extra stock, unnecessary, or ancillary items of any sort are permitted to be visible after set-up time and official market open; all such items must be placed under properly skirted/covered tables or displays or removed to your vehicle or offsite, and 3 people max per booth (except during load in and load out)
- Vendor agrees to abide by the Atlantic Station code of conduct, available to be viewed at: http://atlanticstation.com/code-of-conduct/
- Load In occurs in a short time window about 120-90 minutes before market opens: RECOMMENDED Vendor bring a hand truck/ dolly to get items to their space. Market is usually located around Atlantic Green. Note While it may be tempting as it is closer to many booths, parking on the light colored cement has not been allowed in the past, and you should NOT park there unless you have been specifically guided to do so by the organizers. We generally park in the blacktop/asphalt areas.
- Late Arrivals for Load-In may have lost their reserved space; if Vendor arrives beyond the specified Load In Time they may not be able to pull vehicle into the Market area and may have to carry their set up from a distance or from the parking garage - No Refunds will be given for late arrivals who are unable to set up in time for market open.
- After a vendor checks in they will have 15mins to unload their vehicle (NOT SET UP). As soon as unloading is complete and BEFORE SET UP vendor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in or around Atlantic Green once unloading is complete.
- A Parking Voucher will be provided for one vehicle per booth per day at the end of the day. Once you have checked in and unloaded items to your space immediately proceed to underground parking, entrances can be found in many places including at the rear of the property behind Regal Cinemas. Take a normal ticket when entering parking deck and you will get a voucher later.
- The Market is a rain or shine event. In rare cases with continual rain or known potentially dangerous conditions the Organizer may call off the markets and issue rain checks (ONLY to those Vendors present on site). No Refunds/Rain Checks will be given to no shows.
- Refunds will only be issued if cancellation notice is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before check-in time.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- Artistic works or any vendor product or display may NOT contain any profanity or nudity (except in certain tasteful artistic cases), nor any ethnic or religious slurs, nor any vulgar material or subject matter subject to the discretion of the market organizer or Atlantic Station Management (if you have a question about a certain piece of art or item - kindly ask) - All mannequins must be clothed.
- Weapons, knives, swords and the like or any item deemed dangerous by Organizer or Atlantic Station management may not be sold or displayed. Illegal items, fraudulent, counterfeit, fake, or knock off items cannot be sold. No open flames or lit candles.
- Liability Insurance is recommended/required and is the responsibility of the Vendor. Earth and Sky Creations LLC (Organizer), its agents or representatives and Atlantic Station and all its owners, partners, managers, operators, employees, or contractors, are not responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Vendor, the Vendor's agents, employees, clients, customers or representatives, or vendor’s property, from any cause whatsoever. Vendors are responsible to have or obtain insurance at their own expense for any loss, damage, or injury that may occur at the Market, including liability insurance.
- Vendors are responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals from the state, county or city as per laws applicable to their activity at the Market and for paying any taxes (inclusive of sales tax) or fees or other charges that may be due or applicable.
- Sharing of booths amongst multiple businesses or Vendors is not allowed.
- No Smoking anywhere at Atlantic Station (except designated areas and garages)
- No loitering inside nearby restaurants or businesses unless you are buying something or actively shopping at that business.
- No Power Generators allowed* - Power is generally available - Vendors must supply their own extension cords as needed, as well as their own lights (50 ft outdoor cord may be needed).
- NOISE: Vendors may not operate or use any machines or devices which make excessive noise (no loud fans, boomboxes, etc). Likewise vendors will not cause any form of disturbance or otherwise make loud noise unnecessarily or play music in their booths (except into headphones).
- Maker's or their workers or representatives are not permitted to walk around and solicit customers beyond arm's reach of their booth or poach other vendors customers by trying to divert them to their booth. Vendors may not carnival call to attract customers at a distance (more than 12 feet from their booth) - generally speaking if they are looking at your booth and within 3 steps distance it is fine to greet them and engage.
- TRASH Each Vendor is responsible for removing their own trash. Make sure your area is clean with no trash at all left behind. Do not stack boxes or trash bags next to trash cans.
- Load Out will happen 15 minutes after markets close - so there is no reason to pack up early. No vehicles will be allowed in to Market area until that time. Vendor must have all items, displays, and tents packed up neatly, cleared from the road and parking areas and ready for loading BEFORE going to retrieve their vehicle. Vendors agree to stay open with products available until official Market close (not 5 minutes before).
- NOTE On Photos/Video: The Organizer and Managers reserve the right to use, for promotion of the market, any photos or video taken at the market, inclusive of photos or video of vendor or vendor's workers, employees, products, displays etc. By agreeing to be part of the market you agree that we may use all such photos or video as mentioned for promotion of the market in any way we deem fit.
- Market Organizers or Managers may update, add to, or modify these rules at any time with notice sent to the email on record for vendor.
- The Market Organizer, Earth and Sky Creations, LLC, reserves the right to remove any vendor for breach of this agreement. The Market Organizer may require the Vendor to pack up and leave the market premises at any time if any rules and/or regulations or procedures, stated herein, have been breached by the vendor. No Refund will be due to the vendor in such an event and future dates may also be cancelled or invites withdrawn.
- The final guideline - let's all work together and help each other out to make it great; cooperation and combined effort with positivity will guide our success! It's a wonderful market that we all have created together!